There are some criteria you will have to fulfil in order to get admission at a University in USA without IELTS:
- First of all, if you are a native of an English Speaking Country, and English is your First Language, there is no need to take IELTS or TOEFL or any English Language Proficiency Test for that matter.
- If you have attended and completed any kind of academic studies for at least one year in the USA, you can be accepted at a university to study in USA without IELTS.
- There are some Intensive English Learning Programs that some Universities offer. Abbreviated as IELP, they work as substitute to IELTS and TOEFL tests.
- Just like IELP, there are some Summer Programs in USA that you can attend to make up for the lack of English Language Proficiency Proof and study in America without IELTS.
- Some Universities in USA offer Bridge courses for students who do not meet the minimum English Language Requirements for direct admission in a course.
- Some of the institutes will not ask for any English Language Proficiency proof if you have completed your secondary school education and / or bachelor’s degree in English Language.